Sunday 9 January 2011

Day 13 Whatever tickles your fancy

Egad, what happened? 3 days without posting? Guess teachers are busier than I first figured. And I'm also at Becca's right now so I have a little less time to just sit around typing stuff up. But hey, here I am, with Day 13 (which I believe is now 17 days after I started this. Or maybe 18). What does tickle my fancy then? I think a study of Tony's life.

Tony - The early years (1981 - 1991)

I think a ten year span is a nice start. Born on 31st December at about 4am, I don't recall much of my early life. What with being a baby and all. I believe my earliest memory is my 3rd birthday, as I had a cake the shape of a cat. It was brown. Next I remember being at my brother's christening. I was sitting next to my Nan....that's all I remember. David and Robert were born 2nd February 1984, so I imagine this memory is 1984 sometime.
I started Cheam Park Farm Infant school in 1985 I think. There I met long term chum Andrew Budden. He was playing some game with Janegan Annilingham and I believe I latched onto them both. The three of us were to become class boffins, and when James Guzy joined us in year 2 (or top year as it was when we infants) we were four good and clever chums. Being super smart meant that primary school was always a good time for me. It was a shame that I was always third smartest in the class, but when Janegan moved schools at the end of year 5 I was upgraded to second. Just.

So life was good in these years. However, bad times were starting to form.

I don't remember my Uncle Gerald dying, but I know from later conversations that it happened while we were on holiday and so had to come back early. This was 1987....I think August. However, I do remember Uncle Curly (David) getting killed some 8 or 9 months later. Myself and my brothers were playing in the garden, when Mum came out clutching her head and told us to get the Moffats, who were our nice elderly neighbours. We thought she was sick, but she wasn't. She just been given bad news. Perhaps I was too young to appreciate the gravity of all this, but I imagine that losing 2 brothers in the space of a year was pretty tough for all involved - Mum, Nan and Granddad. But I was young and had no idea so continued being quite happy and smart. By my 10th birthday I would have been in year 5, so I think we shall stop just now. (As I now teach year 5, it seems to have worked out well).

I think there are more whatever i fancy entries on this thing, so we'll continue my life then. Byeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment